Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Long Journey Home.

I've never had so many crazy emotions rushing through my body.
I was so anxious to see my family but heartbroken to leave.
Sitting in the airport by myself was honestly the first time I had been alone in months.
It was weird. Didn't like it.
As I landed in Atlanta I couldn't wait to turn my phone on and call my parents.  Hearing a familiar voice is all i wanted. Oh don't worry phone wouldn't work. It was still on standby mode. I had no way to get a hold of my parents. As I made my way through customs with 3 heavy bags, wearing a million layers so my bags wouldn't be too heavy, phone didn't work, getting more and more exhausted by the minute because its like 2am London time by now, and hadn't eaten all day I wanted to die. After a FIVE hour lay over I couldn't be happier to board one last plane to come home.
All my exhausted, heartbroken, starving mixed feelings all slipped away fast as soon as i came down the escalator to these smiling faces.
I have the best friends ever.
And my family is the best there is. Signs, balloons, and flowers?
I can't wait to sleep in this bed again.
It's good to be home.




No comments:

Post a Comment